*my continuing attempts to be a more organized book blogger*
Book Blogger Test Tag
The Rules: You must answer all of these questions truthfully and once you’ve completed this tag, tag 5 other book bloggers to answer the questions next.
What are your top three book pet hates?
- Somebody telling me I have too many books.
- Dog-earring pages… use toilet paper if you have to, people, but don’t bend my pages and call that a bookmark!
- Not having enough time to read all the books.
Describe your perfect reading spot.
My perfect reading spot is… everywhere? I read everywhere – in my favorite pink wingback chair, on my front steps, on the swing in the yard, in the car, in waiting rooms… I read 50 pages while someone else watched a football game in the same room, just today. My only requirement for a perfect reading spot is that I have a good book to read.
Tell us three book confessions.
- I (might) have too many books. Maybe.
- I have used a square of (fresh off the roll) toilet paper as a bookmark… many moons ago when I was young and silly.
- For awhile, I used dollar bills as bookmarks in the hopes that I’d re-read a book and be excited by found money… then I worried I’d forget where I hid my money and collected it all back… and probably bought another book. I was young and silly then, too.
When was the last time you cried at a book?
The last time I cried at a book was… three weeks ago? I was reading Kate Mulgrew’s memoir How to Forget and some of the things she talked about were so similar to things I was, am going through. It was such a relief that I cried.
How many books are on your bedside table?
Just one. I’m no longer young and silly enough to think it’s a good idea to have six books going at once. So I read one, then I read another.
What is your favorite snack while you’re reading.
Just one snack? Candy, I guess. Chocolate or hard candy. I’m basically a little old lady with books and candy… and sometimes tea.
Name three books you’d recommend to everyone.
- A Thread of Grace by Mary Doria Russell
- Birdsong by Sebastian Faulks
- A True Novel by Minae Mizumura
Show us a picture of your favorite shelf on your bookcase.
Ha! Just one favorite shelf? No such thing. All shelves are precious. Also, I don’t theme my shelves… I fit as many on as possible and call it a good life.
Write how much books mean to you in 3 words.
Books are life.
What’s your biggest reading secret?
Almanzo Wilder was my first book crush. Then I realized he was a real person… who was dead. Things got a bit awkward. Then I found Gilbert Blythe, and that seemed better. I still like Almanzo, though. He was actually a pretty fascinating, if flawed person… when he was alive, and as Laura Ingalls Wilder wrote him.
Eh, I’m so late to tags I’m sure everybody has done this but, if you haven’t… TAG! You’re it!
Leave a Reply